Giving Through Us
Leaving your legacy is easier than you think. The Community Foundation of Northwest Florida serves as a resource to assist individuals, families, businesses, corporations and organizations to realize their philanthropic desires in a simple, flexible and cost-effective manner. Plus, we take care of all of the details for you.
You Don't Have to be Wealthy...
Community Foundations exist to give more people the same options enjoyed by the very rich—the ability to set aside a sum of money that will yield income in perpetuity for charitable purposes. The Community Foundation manages the charitable funds, distributes gifts on behalf of donors, provides the accounting functions and satisfies all government reporting requirements. This arrangement leaves the donor freedom to focus only on their charitable interests.
The Community Foundation is home to charitable funds established by individuals, families and organizations. The first step is to select the fund that best meets your charitable interest. The Community Foundation can work with you or your financial advisor to customize a fund to achieve your goals.
- With a gift of $5000 or more, the Community Foundation of Northwest Florida will establish and administer the charitable fund, including all tax filings, record keeping, IRS compliance, accounting and investments.
- Donors are left to enjoy the rewarding part of establishing a charitable fund—selecting their favorite charity(s) or specific area of interest to benefit from the fund. The donor can elect to be anonymous or named.
- The Community Foundation of Northwest Florida offers a variety of ways through which you can establish your charitable fund, including cash, securities, real estate, and other giving options.
- Thanks to the pooling of numerous funds, donors benefit from economies of scale for investment and administration.
- Since Community Foundations are recognized as a public charity, donors are provided with maximum tax benefits allowed by law for income, gift, and estate tax purposes.
- All assets are managed by professional money managers who are supervised by the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- In addition, the Community Foundation has knowledge of the diverse needs within the community and can serve as a professional advisor to the donor about charitable giving.